Friday, June 8, 2012

Wind & Hair

Background:
Completed Page:
wind and skin and loving my long hair!
Seriously reveling in it.
The feel and weight and curls of it
seduce me,
a private, intimate exchange.
I lift into the finger-tendrils of my hair --
grazing on my collarbone and back,
tangling with my eyelashes -
golden-brown vision blur,
like a distant, dreamed-of horizon
come close, newly tangible.
... sigh.
Give.
Give in.
Relinquish to self-awareness.
Wind and hair and naked release of self-
privately.
A sensation not really at all
replicated by
anything
else.

**first page for a personal themed project entitled:
REVEAL
(romancing myself)

[acrylic, charcoal sketch on white pages paper, magazine image,
vintage wallpaper cut-outs, watercolor pencils,
black calligraphy ink, paint chips]

1 comment:

The Mermaid Chair -- Talk to Me