Sunday, January 24, 2010

Let's Energize, Not Homogenize

Thinking about
blog post content.
Thinking about
how we all
stimulate & support each other.
Thinking about
how we
meet & greet each other
in comments.

I love comments,
leaving them for others,
receiving them.

Still ...

... isn't it true that
sometimes
you might read
a little something here,
a little something there,
& find yourself
(your SELF)
rising up with a
different point of view?

Yea, I know.

What I want to say,
here,
 is
I believe it's ok
to
DISAGREE
via comments.

I think it's good to say,
"Hey, I like what you said here,
and here,
but when I read this part right here,
I thought maybe I'd offer another slant,
a second take,
another angle,
because that's
where my experience has led,
that's what my life lessons have taught me."

Now:
if I feel super CHARGED
in any way about someone's post
then I know that's the time to
shut my comment yap.
Go away, chill out,
THINK IT THROUGH,
and maybe,
only maybe,
return, and respond.

RESPOND,
mind you.
Respectfully,
tactfully,
diplomatically,
even gently,
the way
I'd want someone to
disagree with me.

NOT 'retort'.
NOT 'correct'.
NOT 'proselytize'.
NOT 'ordain'.
NOT 'command'.
NOT 'attack'.
NOT 'judge.'

RESPOND.

Because
I think
there is just as much
I can learn
(maybe more?)
from someone else's courage
to point my brain in a new direction
as there is
(and there is)
from the generous
doses of encouragement
& delight &
community & ideas
we mainly offer
one another.

5 comments:

  1. AMEN AMEN AMEN....and then the choir opened their mouths and belted out one hell of an amazing version of hallelujah !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not used to you posting on Sunday, did you get a new computer at home, anyway I just read all the new posts and was impressed to say the least, you have a way with the written word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be true, and I totally agree, but you and I both know what can come of speaking your truth in a comment and having it taken in a completely different way than you intended.

    I will still do it because I believe it's the way to be, but I have learned what can come of it and it's a hard lesson to learn.

    Peace, out.

    ReplyDelete

The Mermaid Chair -- Talk to Me