Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday Write-Off: No Anger, But A Dance

Write-Off Prompt for Wednesday, February 3, 2010:
There have been
whisperings in my ear,
so far unintelligible except
[except]
Wednesday Write-Off
wants to morph, transform.
While I await further direction,
I leave you no writing prompt
beyond this:

WRITE ANYWAY

* * * * * * * * * * *
Last Week's Prompt:
Write a [minimum] 10-line poem
about the last time
somebody
or
something
made you angry.
Rhyming not required.
* * * * * * * * * * *
The thing of it is,
I haven't been ANGRY
in a very long time.
Annoyed, yes.
Irritated, irked,
often frustrated.
But "angry" - not.
& I decided anger
was not a place I wanted
to revisit
during a really good week.

I have no anger poem.

Instead,
I offer a collage entitled
A Visual Prayer
&
the poem it
prompted
last night.

I have been wanting
you and me
dancing "us" again,
braving the storm-strewn path
we so recently cut
down our center.
I have been wanting
you and me
twirling around the
rubble of distance,
turning atop the
compost of raw reveal,
two-stepping amid
the craters & thrown limbs of
calling this done.
I have been wanting
you and me
to feel our feet --
agile,
able --
tangoing among the debris
of our division,
discovering in the process
the steps to a new dance,
more fluid with
the pulse of difficulty - faced,
more fluent accompanied by
lessons taken & learned,
a free solo of change,
unencumbered,
as we wind our way
forward,
to "us",
anew,

still dancing.

1/26/10
l. antonia brown
isle of sky words
[for Double BB]

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mermaid Chair -- Talk to Me