Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Somebody Stole My Idea!


Oh really?
Well now ... .

I just dug out my kitchen timer.
You will have
5 ENTIRE MINUTES
from the moment I say GO!
to
rant
sulk
pout
cry
gnash your teeth
snarl
drop "F-bombs"
beat pillows
curse the winds
blame everyone else
give up
& otherwise
have yourself
A Bonafide Hissy Fit.

Five Minutes -- that's it --
make them count.

Ready?

GO!

Ok, time's up.

Excuse me,
I said,
"TIME IS UP!"
The buzzer buzzed,
the bell rang --
Snap out of it!

And now hear this:
ideas have no owners
[not yours, not mine, not his, not her's]
because
ideas are limitless;
ideas take dimension, expand,
according to the individual expressing them;
ideas are energy forms drawing to them
every person perfect to articulate 
one of their nuances. 

Ideas need each of us,
want each of us,
await each of us,
and
expect each of us 
to bring
our unique angle,
our particular experience,
our specific imagination,
our hope,
our hesitancy,
our intellect,
our bravery,
our fear,
OUR EFFORT
to continue
the full song
of
each & every idea.

What seems like 'your' idea
is really someone else's voice
participating in that idea's
potential harmony;
you recognize the song
because
you are meant to be part of it.
What is missing is
your voice amid
that Idea's Chorus.

NOW
Wipe your eyes.
Blow your nose.
Pick your lip up.
Wash your mouth out if
you think it'll help,

and
get
busy
sounding your voice.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant, I've been thinking of writing something with almost the same title as this, based on something I read called "Please steal my ideas".

    I've totally changed my perspective on the whole notion of copyright and intellectual property. If someone takes your idea, they're going to probably do something unique and individual with it anyway. And if they don't, chances are, through the net, it will come back to you or people will find you anyway.

    So, I say, please steal my ideas. I'd prefer it if you gave me credit but if you don't, oh well, I'll get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait....so did someone steal your idea ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. good post Toni,you made me laugh. take care.

    ReplyDelete

The Mermaid Chair -- Talk to Me